First off, I've made the switch from turtle type graphics, implemented in the Hilbert program, to drawing lines between coordinates. This may not sound like much, but it's one of the things I needed to accomplish to get the DrawBot to draw InkScape .svg files.
The second advance is I've gotten an .svg path decoder working, so I can create a drawing in Inkscape utilizing paths, save it as .svg, open it in my decoder, and get out a stream of coordinates, that when I draw straight lines between them, will reproduce the Inkscape drawing.
The one remaining item I need to fully implement .svg drawing is working pen up/down hardware. I built and tested a board this past weekend. Now it's a matter of integrating the new hardware and software.
For now though, here's a video of a spirograph type graphic using the new coordinate based graphics - Enjoy.