Saturday, January 7, 2017

Introducing Pablo

Well, I'm calling my build of a BoB complete (for now), and I've named him Pablo.  I have another robot named Stella - after the character in the Streetcar Named Desire.  I also happen to have named my CNC machine Stanlee - after the famous Stan Lee of Marvel Comics.  I didn't know it at the time, but in the play Streetcar, Stella's husband is Stanley - So I thought it might be cool to stick with the Streetcar theme and name this little guy Pablo - after one of Stanley's poker buddies.


I had originally thought I would put leds in his eyes, but decided that would be too much and instead printed his eyes and pupils and just glued them on.  I installed his on/off switch in his backside, and I'm calling him done.  All he does right now is walk and I've got ideas for other behaviors, so I'll probably pick him up again some day for further work, but for now he is what he is.


No comments:

Post a Comment