Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long Time no Post

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted here. Over the past months I've spent a lot of time putzing in my wood shop. I've got a project that's almost ready to put up here. Also after many months of work my wife and I finally got the basement put back together, so I have a real office/electronics workspace now. Using this new space I've recently put the finishing touches on a new version of the B.bro robot. This version has the same mechanics, but a cheaper power supply and motor driver, and is implemented with all custom circuit boards instead of protoboard.
Around the perimeter of the top board are six three pin connectors. They accept sensor modules. The photo shows two digital light sensors and an infra-red proximity sensor. I also have built analog light sensors, and I'm working on a sound sensor now. I just put the finishing touches on the hardware a couple days ago. Now it's time to write some cool software for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment