Day one is almost over. I got the last bit of code uploaded to the Arduino about 1/2 an hour ago, and now I'm documenting things a little bit. Last year at this time I put together a simple Cheerlights nightlight, but it depended upon a PC, and ran mostly in Python. A couple of months ago I purchased an ethernet shield, but never really did anything with it until today. This afternoon I built up a dead simple low side BJT driver for a one meter non-addressable led strip, soldered some female headers into my ethernet shield so I could bread board with it, and mashed up the Arduino Ethernet Library Client example with my year old Cheerlights Python into ugly but working code. Before the Bender is over I'll be building a fixture for the led strip and installing it outside as my house light.